State-of-the-Art Piston Compressors in San Jose, CA
D&D Compressor Offers Chicago Pneumatic Piston Compressors
At D&D Compression Inc., we offer piston (reciprocating) compressors from some of the leading state-of-the-art manufacturers in the industry. Chicago Pneumatic supplies our San Jose, CA customers with a plethora of piston compressors that are designed to meet intermitted air demands. Used in applications where compressed air requirements are low, piston compressors are available in many versions, making them suited to any production activity. When you need high-performance piston compressors that won’t break the bank, D&D Compressor Inc. offers many affordable options from Chicago Pneumatic.
What is a Piston Compressor?
A piston compressor is the oldest and most common type of industrial compressor. This compressor is a positive-displacement machine that uses a moving piston to compress gas or air. It is generally used in applications where compressed air requirements are low and are available in many versions to ensure Bay Area customers can find a design that will meet their compressed air needs. Piston compressors are generally fairly small in size, so people needing more air capabilities should look into rotary compressor options. Piston compressors are especially useful in the fast-paced construction industry that needs simple, easy-to-use tools that are mobile and lightweight. The advantages of piston compressors include:
- Simple design
- Lower initial cost
- Easy to install
- Two-stage models offer the highest efficiency
- No oil carryover
- Large range of horsepower
- Can reach extremely high pressure
How Piston Compressors Work
A conventional piston compressor is equipped with a crankshaft, a connecting rod and piston, a cylinder, and a valve head. The crankshaft is pushed by either an electric motor or gas engine. The compressed air in the tank drives the air tools, and the motor cycles on and off to automatically maintain pressure in the tank. As the piston moves down, the air is drawn in. As the piston moves up, the air above it compresses and forces the air into a smaller space. With less volume for the air to move around in, it is delivered into the tank at a high rate of pressure.
What Piston Compressors Are Available?
The different types of piston compressors available include mobile, low or high-pressure, on-frame, or vessel-mounted. Each is designed specifically to meet your individual and production needs. D&D Compressor Inc.’s manufacturer, Chicago Pneumatic, offers these piston compressors through three different categories:
- Contractor Series – These piston compressors are portable and perfect for home use or construction applications. This series delivers the lowest initial investment.
- Professional Series – This option is stationary, making it the perfect piston compressor for auto body shops and small- to mid-sized local businesses.
- Industrial Series – These piston compressors also offer stationary options and are of the highest quality and reliability. These air compressors are designed for medium-to-large factories or businesses.
If you want to learn more about these series or need help deciding which one is right for your air needs, one of our trained professionals at D&D Compressor Inc. would be happy to assist you.
Identifying Different Piston Compressors
Identifying the different types of piston compressors is easy when you know what to look for! Below is a breakdown on how to correctly identify the many different versions:
- Mobile – This type of compressor will typically have wheels and is able to be deployed as needed to various job sites or locations.
- Low-pressure – Due to such low pressures, can be more appropriately described as a blower.
- High-pressure – These piston compressors discharge pressure anywhere from 1,000 to 3,000 psi and upwards, with a possible range of 10,000 – 60,000 psi depending on the type of application.
- On-frame – Many piston compressors have tanks and compressors that are mounted on a frame that makes it look like a packaged unit.
- Vessel-mounted – This type of piston compressor is mounted to a vessel or tank.
- Horizontal, vertical, angular – This is according to the location of the cylinders.
- Multistage and single-stage, by the number of stages – Typically, piston compressors have a maximum of 7 stages.
Call D&D Compressor Inc. for Piston Compressors in San Jose, CA
When you need piston compressors in the San Jose, CA area, call D&D Compressor Inc. for the best selection of Chicago Pneumatic air compressors money can buy. Chicago Pneumatic has been synonymous with top-of-the-line piston air compressors and other products for well over a century. If you’d like to learn more about how these innovative reciprocating compressors can help you streamline your production, we’d be happy to help pair you with the right products for your needs. Call us today to learn more!
Why Choose D&D Compressor Inc
- Financing Available
- Energy Efficient Systems
- Environmentally Friendly
- Complete Design, Installation and Service
- Manufacturer Warranty
- 24/7 Emergency Service
- Customized Preventative Maintenance Programs